The Emergency First Aid at Work Course is for those who want to receive training in emergency first aid only. It is suitable for nominated first aiders, or appointed persons in small, low risk workplaces or environments.
This one day course will help you meet requirements if your workplace risk assessment shows that first aid training only needs to cover emergency protocols.
The course is also ideal for individuals or groups who wish to have a basic foundation of First Aid Training and want to know how to respond on finding a casualty to the arrival of the emergency services.
The course covers:
- Provision of basic life saving first aid
- The role of the first aider
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Managing an emergency
- Resuscitation (adult CPR)
- Communication and casualty care
- Seizures (adult)
- Unresponsive casualty
- Choking (adult)
- Defibrillator pad placement
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond