Medsafe Consultancy and Nuco believe that a learner’s individual characteristics and work situation must be taken into account in order to provide the appropriate access to training and assessment.
Medsafe Consultancy will endeavour to review individual needs with learners upon registration/attendance. Where a learner has been identified as requiring additional support Medsafe Consultancy will agree an Individual Learning Plan and will provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to those Learners identified as having special assessment needs.
Where required we Medsafe Consultancy will make reasonable adjustments to assessment which may include (but not be limited to);
- Allowing additional time to complete written tests/tasks
- Offering the use of a scribe for written tests
- Accepting verbal responses to written questions (these must be recorded)
- Allowing the use of transcribed materials to prepare/support a learner forassessment
- Use of visual aids (e.g. videos) to support formal questions (e.g. to identifydifferent medical conditions)
- Allowing the use of a translator (including sign language) to prepare/support alearner through assessment.
- Changing the layout or venue of the assessment area to allow accessAny adjustments made will ensure that the assessment criteria are still met and that Qualifications Network standards are upheld.Where the Centre is unable to agree reasonable adjustments we will contact Qualifications Network for further advice and guidance.